Thursday 25 July 2013

Art Studio Storage Ideas

Lately I have been thinking of ways I can make my studio space a little more functional.  I actually had a hard time finding ideas online as most of them are for sewing supplies or kids craft areas.  However I did find these nice images below and I think that they would definitely make my space easier to manage and my supplies easier to store.

One of the hardest things I find is storing large sheets of paper because when you roll them they take a while to lay flat and you risk creasing the paper if you try rolling it the opposite way to even it out.  I say this because it is exactly what happened to me last time I tried this.

Have you seen or thought of any creative storage ideas lately?


Image sources:

1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/heathashli/2366767351/

2. http://www.art-boards.com/art_storage_system.htm

3. http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/storage%20ideas

4. http://www.gnibo.com/efficient-diy-storage-solutions-for-everybody/

4 comments:

  1. Nice ideas:) I once did something similar with an empty Pringles chip can...covered it with some "manly" fishing scrap booking paper and created a change collector for Russ. Pretty sure he was overjoyed with his gift;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...I'm liking that #4 idea! That would be fun for the kiddos. =0)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently purchased a metal tool chest from Sears to store all MY things in the living room. It's got wheels so it's semi-portable, and it's kind of got a funky urban vibe to it that fits in with out livingroom's eclectic decor. But what I really love it that it's the one area of the house not cluttered up with boy stuff like Lego or scientific magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote
    the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that,
    this is great blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.



    Feel free to visit my homepage - toms classics

    ReplyDelete