Tuesday 24 June 2014

Magpie Feathers

It has been ages since my last post.  At last a new painting!  This Trio of Magpie Feathers is painted in pure watercolour.  I have donated the painting to the Vernon Public Art Gallery to use in the auction at the 28th Annual Midsummer's Eve of the Arts Benefit Event.

I am really excited about painting feathers right now and feel they suit my style well.  I have some other feather paintings in the works right now, so stay tuned for more.

What kind of bird feather would you like to see painted next?




2 comments:

  1. Peacock with its iridescent eyes. Goose down might be challenging, too, with its chaotic, delicate flairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestions, yes peacock would be a challenge with all the iridescent colours, especially if they were painted to scale.

      Delete