Tuesday 9 September 2014

Pigeon Feathers

At last I have managed to complete another feather painting, this time of Pigeon feathers.  I have just recently moved house, thus my studio has been backed up and then in a state of chaos while unpacking.  I am so glad things are slowly coming back into order.

The Pigeon feather is the most common feather I find lying around on the street. There are many variations of colours and markings on them, which is nice.

While unpacking I finally found the feather collection my Grandma gave me that she had been compiling for years.  There are some exciting speckled feathers, that I think may be from a woodpecker, and a fabulous Hawk feather showing the bars and markings.  I am still trying to keep up with at least one feather painting a month though it is tricky sometimes to get down to painting while juggling working full time.

Has anyone ever found a Stellar's Jay feather?  I would love to find one myself, so far I have never seen one laying around.

Once again I primarily used different mixes of Winsor & Newton Watercolour in Payne's grey, burnt sienna, and light red for all the colours used in this painting.





No comments:

Post a Comment